Wednesday 25 June 2008

Power to the People


Praise is in order for the executive of the Liberal Democrats at County Hall. What a thoroughly sensible body of politicians they are and so much better than some others I could name. I was delighted by their decision to allow the officers of my council to take all future decisions about nuclear energy. In the past the Liberal Democrats have shown some scepticism about nuclear power. But at last they have realised the overwhelming common sense of handing over negotiation and decision making to the A team. This brave initiative will, no doubt, be discussed at the next full council meeting in July but I am confident that it will sail through and be recognised as a bench-mark for future planning. My officers are better equipped to deal with all major decision-making than anyone. Mrs Shortland is a far-sighted advocate of my ideals

No comments: