Wednesday 4 March 2009

A FIRMAMENT OF STARS

Tremendous news from the Audit Commission! Somerset has at last gone way beyond excellence and achieved five stars. You can see them displayed in the photograph taken outside County Hall. Do not be disturbed by the men in white coats on the left hand side of the photograph. They were simply on hand to keep the staff in order. I don't know how the Viking warrior got into the picture (he is wearing a horse blanket and carrying a pole) I believe he may be a senior IBM executive. I have commissioned a film to celebrate this wonderful event. All staff were invited to participate. The late Peter Sellers would have been proud. I know you will all enjoy it. Sit back and watch my loyal team forming a star for the cameras.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always thought County Hall was more Monty Python than Peter Sellers.

Anonymous said...

I think that you will find that the fifth "star" is actually a plus, and that the revised new flag is simply a response to our comment about the "plus fours". Who said they don't listen? Love from the Dog & Duck X